There’s not getting away from the fact that living with chronic illnesses, such as Fibromyalgia, is tough. However, I personally find chronic illness humour to be a great coping mechanism.
If you don’t laugh, you’ll only cry (imma right!?).
When I went through the worst Fibromyalgia flare of my life, I started to think about all of the things I was struggling with. And, I decided to put a humorous spin on things and share them in this post.
Because who doesn’t love a good GIF?
Personally, I can sometimes find chronic illness memes to be a bit sad. But, these GIFs had me chuckling to myself as soon as I found them.
I hope you find my alternative take to the traditional chronic illness meme relatable and that they also make you smile or maybe even laugh.
Here are 10 struggles people with chronic illness will understand:
1. Waking up and still feeling tired (that’s if you managed to sleep in the first place)
2. Deciding whether or not you can go another day without washing your hair…
3. … Or questioning whether you have the energy to to make it to the bathroom at all
4. Struggling to get dressed and needing help
5. How you feel when you struggle to bend over to tie your own shoelaces
(Or struggle to do anything for that matter.)
6. Having legs that weigh a tonne each
7. Feeling well enough to do stuff one day…
8. … Only to feel like you’ve been hit by a truck the next (what the hell is pacing anyway!?)
9. People asking how you are and replying that they feel tired too
10. Everyone you know suddenly becoming more knowledgeable than your doctor
What would you add to the list? Let me know in the comments below.
And, if you enjoyed this post, why not share it with your friends and family to help them understand what it is like to live with a chronic illness.
Share on Pinterest: