Over on Instagram, I was tagged by the lovely Terry from Color Me Lyme to do the ’10 Things About Me Challenge’. This is where you are asked to share 10 things about yourself that is totally unrelated to your illness. It was fun to do so I thought I would share it here too. So here are 10 random facts about me that have nothing to do with chronic illness.
1. I have a first class honours degree in Animal Biology & I went into this degree thinking it would prepare me for a career in wildlife conservation.
2. In the end, I decided against this career path.After uni, I got a job as a guide dog trainer. I loved it and would still be there if I was able.
3. I’ve always enjoyed being creative, which I guess led me towards blogging (I’ve always had various blogs and websites and love writing). I also enjoy photography and painting. I’d love to create a business opportunity for myself in the future tapping into this creativity.
4. I spend too much time (who am I kidding I love it) playing computer games. Current favourites are Overwatch & PUBG.
5. I was obsessed with horses and started horse riding at the age of 5. Every day I wished for a pony of my own and my wish came true on my 13th birthday! I was heartbroken when I said goodbye to Martini 7 years ago
6. Talking about active sports, it’s my dream to learn how to snowboard. I want to snowboard in Canada! I randomly decided I wanted to do this a couple of years ago and all my pals have since learned to snowboard. It’s an incredibly ambitious goal but I hope to join them one day! You never know 🙂
7. I have the most silliest, immature sense of humour and I am very easily amused! It’s probably no surprise that I love Rick + Morty. Wubba lubba dub dub!
8. I’m a Ravens fan. There’s a bunch of us into the NFL (or just football to any Americans). On Sundays, we get the games up on our projector and we have our own fantasy league too. Every year we stay up to stupid o’clock to watch the Super Bowl.
9. One of my favourite bands are the Foo Fighters and my favourite album by them is ‘The Colour and the Shape’. I named my blog after a track from that album.
10. I haven’t managed to get away abroad anywhere this year but I do enjoy travelling. Top of the bucket list (in no particular order): Japan, The Maldives, Canada, Hawaii and I’d love to do a road trip across the US… I always tend to dream big!
What random fact would you share that’s totally unrelated to your illness? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear it! And if you are a blogger, I’d love for you to continue the ’10 things about me challenge’ on your blog too.